Delamore House

Delamore House

The house is the fourth to be built on an estate that has remained in the same family since 1688, when it was purchased from the Balmains by Sir George Treby of Plympton, and was commissioned by Admiral Parker and built in 1859.

The house and gardens were designed by established Victorian church architect St Aubyn and built from Dartmoor granite. The high gabled roofs and a chapel in the house are amongst the features of note, and there is some fine stained glass also from this era.

The gardens have some very old rhododendrons, believed to have been brought here by Sir William Parker, who was one of Nelson's Captains at Trafalgar, and later ADC to Queen Victoria.

Delamore House

The house is the fourth to be built on an estate that has remained in the same family since 1688, when it was purchased from the Balmains by Sir George Treby of Plympton, and was commissioned by Admiral Parker and built in 1859.

The house and gardens were designed by established Victorian church architect St Aubyn and built from Dartmoor granite. The high gabled roofs and a chapel in the house are amongst the features of note, and there is some fine stained glass also from this era.

The gardens have some very old rhododendrons, believed to have been brought here by Sir William Parker, who was one of Nelson's Captains at Trafalgar, and later ADC to Queen Victoria.

Contact Information

Delamore Estate, Cornwood, Ivybridge, PL21 9QT
Telephone
01752 837663

Forthcoming events

There are no future events scheduled at Delamore House